Carbon cloth electrode, platinum on Vulcan (0.03 mg/cm² 20%).
A low cost electrode using a woven carbon cloth substrate and a 20% platinum on Vulcan carbon bearing catalyst. This low loading is designed for cost-sensitive applications and is suitable for electrochemical systems that require small amounts of platinum to aid in the reaction. This electrode is ideal for hydrogen / air fuel cell applications where the extra cost of the higher load GDE may not be justified. The gas diffusion layer (GDL) used is a standard carbon fabric with MPL that is 410 microns thick. Other GDL materials are also available by custom request, as well as custom sizes and loads.
Contains an extra Nafion layer for improved water management and adhesion to the membrane.
- Type of catalyst: 20% platinum on Vulcan (Carbon)
- Loading: 0.03 mg/cm²
Properties of the gas diffusion layer
- Material Type: Woven carbon fiber
- Cloth thickness: 0.410 mm Basis weight: 180 g/m²
- Air permeability (s): <8
- Electrical resistance (by plane): <13 mΩcm²
- Tensile strength: MD: >10 N/cm and XD: >5 N/cm
- PTFE treatment: 30 weight%
- Microporous layer: Yes, on the catalyzing side
Carbon Cloth Electrode − 0.03 mg/cm² 20% Platinum on Vulcan
- Brands Frontis Energy
- Product Code: FE010666
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: 130.00€